Plastics Make it Possible® visited the recent Los Angeles Auto Show to check out the latest innovations in the automotive world. From concept cars to models likely to show up in your driveway there was one common denominator: Plastics. It makes sense: lightweight and sturdy plastics help make cars lighter and more fuel efficient, and enabling a multitude of safety and performance improvements. From the latest models featuring carbon fiber-reinforced plastics that add strength and safety without adding weight, to mass transit and self-driving vehicles made with 3-D printed plastics, plastics were everywhere. And, by using 3-D printing technology, some manufacturers say they can produce vehicles more quickly, and some of the parts can be recycled, too.
Stronger, safer, sleeker: Modern plastics are changing how we get around
- Working together to improve EPA’s proposed rules for chemical prioritization and risk evaluation under the Lautenberg Act March 23, 2017
- Federal agencies should update their science — and industry scientists are ready to help March 9, 2017
- Connecticut launches statewide campaign to increase plastic film recycling February 24, 2017
- On the road with #ACCaugust – 2015
- Chemicals in food: Top chemical food myths debunked…naturally! [video]
- Nanotechnology could be the next big thing in medical care
- Fueling Export Growth (Part 2 of 2): Why the expected surge in U.S. chemicals exports will depend on our country’s ability to deliver on its ambitious trade agenda
- Fueling Export Growth (Part 1 of 2): U.S. chemical exports linked to natural gas could double by 2030; plastics products leading the surge
- My Homepage: ... [Trackback] [...] Read More: blog.americanche...
- Homepage: ... [Trackback] [...] Read More Infos here: blog....
- index: index now [...] index review [...]...
#Chemistry2Energy BASF BPA Building Codes California Chemical Products Chemical Regulation Chemical Safety CPI Dow Chemical Economy Energy Energy Efficiency Energy Recovery Environment EPA Exports Flame Retardants Health Innovation IRIS Jobs Manufacturing Nanotechnology Natural Gas Ohio Pennsylvania Plastics Polyurethane Recycling Regulatory Reform Renewables Responsible Care Risk Safety Security Shale Shale Gas Solar Spray Polyurethane Foam Sustainability Trade TSCA Waste-to-Energy West Virginia