We’re very excited to announce the launch of a user-generated video campaign! It’s easy to sign up and free to enter. All you need is a camcorder or some motion graphics skills, a bit of creative inspiration and an interest in learning how chemistry is creating energy solutions for a strong, secure and sustainable future. [...]
While shale gas is providing a sack of holiday goodies to some states this year, the Fall 2011 Fiscal Survey of States details the unfortunate plight faced by many others in light of the economy’s slow recovery. The new report, released by the National Governors Association (NGA) and the National Association of State Budget Officers [...]
South African energy and chemicals company Sasol Ltd. today announced that it will conduct a feasibility study for a “world scale” ethylene cracker and derivatives complex near Lake Charles, Louisiana. Such an investment could be worth up to $4.5 billion, the company said. As the second largest chemical producing state, with 23,000 chemical industry employees, [...]
Are you willing to invest in your energy future? Social scientists at ACEEE sustainability conference may answer for you!
The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) kicks of its 2011 Behavior, Energy & Climate Change Conference (BECC) today in Washington, D.C. What’s especially unique about this four-day event is that it invites social scientists to contribute valuable social and behavioral insights to the larger energy and climate debate. Reviewing recent behavioral research with [...]
November in review: A month dedicated to energy innovation and finding ways to secure our nation’s energy future
November has brought many thought-provoking conversations about energy innovation and ways to secure our nation’s energy future: from the White House GreenGov Symposium on products and practices that would improve energy efficiency in government operations, to the Atlantic’s Green Intelligence Forum on green building design and construction, to the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee’s [...]
Policy experts, public officials and advocates found common ground on key energy issues last Thursday at the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation’s (ITIF) annual Energy Innovation conference in Washington, D.C. During his keynote speech, Sen. Mark Udall (D-CO) contended that energy innovation is key to winning the global economic race and challenged federal and state governments, [...]
Business and sustainability blogger Marc Gunther reported earlier this month that Daniel Yergin, IHS Cambridge Energy Research Associates Chairman and bestselling author of The Quest: Energy, Security and the Remaking of the Modern World, told Aspen Institute’s Walter Isaacson that shale gas is not only reshaping America’s energy landscape, it’s also “the biggest innovation in [...]
Video: Dooley illustrates “manufacturing golden age” brought about by shale gas during U.S. House natural gas revolution forum
The shale gas boom and what it means to our domestic energy security continues to attract the attention of industry leaders, academics and policymakers around the country. Yesterday, ACC President Cal Dooley joined many of these thought leaders and members of Congress in a leadership forum exploring the jobs and innovations fueled by the natural [...]
This week’s Green Intelligence Forum to focus on energy, environment, sustainable cities; what’s chemistry’s role?
This Wednesday, November 16, leading authorities on energy and the environment will convene at the Green Intelligence Forum: Creating the Sustainable City of the Future, in Washington, D.C. Hosted by The Atlantic, the two-day event promises to “explore macro trends in energy and the environment” on Wednesday and to “examine green intelligence through the framework [...]
Video: Industry expert says non-recycled plastics should not be viewed as waste, but as a valuable energy resource
As President and CEO of the Canadian Plastics Industry Association, Greg Wilkinson may know a lot more about plastics than your typical Canadian or American citizen, but that’s exactly what needs to change, Wilkinson told Focus Washington host Rich Masters in an online television interview last week. Wilkinson referred Masters to a new study from [...]
- Fueling Export Growth (Part 2 of 2): Why the expected surge in U.S. chemicals exports will depend on our country’s ability to deliver on its ambitious trade agenda
- Fueling Export Growth (Part 1 of 2): U.S. chemical exports linked to natural gas could double by 2030; plastics products leading the surge
- Listen to the Science: Experts Say BPA is Safe!
- American chemistry: Growing the U.S. economy, providing jobs, enhancing safety
- Chemistry and sports: Championship soccer edition!
- Senate gives the nod to move TPA bill to the next critical phase May 27, 2015
- Making the grade through proper disinfection May 22, 2015
- How chemistry helps architects elevate design projects May 13, 2015
Welcome to the blog of the American Chemistry Council
- Leading Economic Indicator Shows Accelerated Growth from Winter Freeze; March, April Readings Revised Upward May 26, 2015
- U.S. Chemical Production Flat in April; Remains up 4.4 Percent over One Year Ago May 21, 2015
- New Video Presents Plastics-to-Fuel Technologies as Solution for Non-Recycled Plastics May 21, 2015
- Increased Energy Supplies Key to U.S. Manufacturing Growth May 19, 2015
- ACC Discusses Freight Rail Policies at House Hearing as Momentum for STB Reform Grows May 13, 2015